Manchester Metallics Summer Bag Challenge.

Friends, I am SO EXCITED to be able to share this project with you!


Over the past few weeks I've had the opportunity to participate in the Manchester Metallics Summer Bag Challenge through Sew Mama Sew.

The assignment was to create a summer bag featuring Robert Kaufman's new line of Manchester Metallic fabrics.


Oh my goodness.  When the fabrics came in the mail I wanted to hug them...they were that pretty.  The metallic fabrics in the picture are Midnight, Evening, and Eggshell.  The lining fabric on the bottom is Kona Steel.


A few months ago my brother-in-law and sister-in-law asked me to come up with a pattern for a wine tote to carry bottles of wine at wine tastings.  I altered my pattern slightly, et voila!  I had a tote that was a little more summery- perfect for this challenge.


Except....let's be honest. It's more likely that my tote will used for park dates than for winery tours.


...which is why I added this interior pocket for a cell phone & keys.  Love the sparkly lining!


I'm also very much in love with the bow.  This definitely was not a feature on my brother-in-law's prototype.  ;)


It was so fun to participate in this challenge!  Robert Kaufman sent me the fabric, but the sentiments are my own!  What do you think of the bag?  Do you have questions regarding the construction?  I'd love to hear from you in the comments!


Want to see pictures of what everyone else made?  You can visit their links below!

Mo Bedell
Sandy Whitelaw of UpStairs Hobby Room
Michelle Morris of That Black Chic
Kathy Green of Designs by KTGreen
Carrie Federer of carrie bee
Anne Zeitler of AnneZPlace
Sanchia Gair of Red Brolly
Natalie Strand of Vegetablog
Devida Bushrod of The Driftwood Thimble
Sara Johansen of The Sara Project
Sarah Sharp of No Hats in the House
Michelle Webster of michellepatterns
Marni Weaver of Haberdashery Fun
Jenny of My Handmade Home


Enjoy!

Comments

Unknown said…
I like it! Even with the bow, which, yes, was not a part of the original prototype.

Cheers,
Jeff
Sandy said…
Great idea and so many uses....baby bottles, sports drinks, pop, sparkling drinks....change the interior batting for insulation and add a zipped gusset and things would even stay cool!! 👍🏻👍🏻
Anne said…
Ooh! I love the insulated idea, Sandy! Thanks! I'm going to have to try that now!

Thanks, Jeff!
I like its versatility. It can be used for a wine and cheese picnic date with my husband or a trip to the park with the kids! Its character and style really stand out. Bravo, friend!
Rosa said…
Love it and you give it your touch with the bow.I haven´t tried insulated ,where did you buy it?
Anne said…
Thanks, Rosa! For the lining I used foam sew-in interfacing, which I bought at my local fabric store. The local fabric store also carries the insulated lining, which is kept with the utility fabrics. You can buy both online as well!

Thanks, Amber. :)
Love it...love how soft fabric can be used in a sturdy bag...beautiful! Dee x
KTGreen said…
The bag is lovely. Love the bow!
Anne said…
Thank you, ladies!
Natalie said…
What a pretty and super-functional bag! I love the two-toned straps and the bow. And the sparkly inner pocket lining!! :)
~Natalie from Vegetablog
That Black Chic said…
What an elegant wine bag!
Anne said…
Thanks Natalie and Michelle! It was a lot of fun to make!
your made summer bag is wonderful.

Popular Posts