Big HSTs for a Little Baby.

A tiny little baby entered our world, and I wanted to make a special quilt for him.


It all started with this bee fabric.  I've been holding onto it for a few years now, waiting for the right little baby to come along.


My second goal with this quilt was to experiment with large half-square triangles.  I started with 10" squares, and the rest is history.

At first I didn't love this quilt.  I got a little nervous when I was arranging blocks....but with each step that I took to make the quilt, I loved it even more.  And the binding (scrappy, of course!) was the icing on the cake.




I'm linking this post to Simple Simon & Company's Modern Quilt Along.  I'm looking forward to 10 months of stretching myself and trying new things!

Enjoy!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts