Apron sewing project

My friend Amber has started a really great series this month on her blog- it's about using scrap fabric you have lying around your house for fun projects you wouldn't normally think of.  You should totally check it out!

Well, needless to say, Amber has inspired me to take on some more sewing projects too.  I don't have any finished yet, but through this process I was reminded that I never shared with you the apron I finished several weeks back.

One of the other bloggers I follow - Rachel Anne Ridge (her blog is the Home Sanctuary badge at bottom right)- wrote that an apron is the professional edge every homemaker needs.  Ha!  I love it....and I decided I needed a cute apron.  I had functional aprons...but I needed a cute one.  :)

So, here's what I came up with:



I made it reversible- one side has mainly cupcakes, and the other side has mainly polka dots.  Plus I added some lace.  I am pretty sure that a cute apron has to have lace of some sort...

Well, I've been wearing it, and I love it!  (And I can totally feel that professional edge...)  ;)

Comments

Popular Posts