A servant's heart

Tonight we 4Zs completed our once-every-ten-months-or-so cleaning weekend at church.  

Confession:  This is not one of my favorite ways to serve in the church.

But....

I have a really cool kid.  I can say that as many times as I want.  He's my kid, and this is my blog.  (Really, both my kids are cool, but it was Blake that did a fabulous job tonight.)

We let the kids play in the nursery while we cleaned, but Blake chose to stick by my side.  I think this was mostly because he was very, very afraid of the noisy vacuum that Daddy was using, but hey...it was fun to feel like the fun parent for awhile.  ;)

I asked him if he wanted to help me clean, and he got SO excited.  He helped me scrub the windows and the tables and the counters...and when I didn't want to bend over to pick up my used paper towels, he did it.  When I asked him to put the trash bags in a pile by the front door, he said, "Sure, Mommy!  I'll do my best!"...and then he ran to complete his task (ok...again this might have been because he was terrified that Daddy would pop out of one of the classrooms with the noisy vacuum, but still...)  (and no, I don't usually allow my kid to run through the halls of the church...but I might have made an exception tonight.)

Anyway...I'm proud of my kid.  I'm proud that he had not just a servant's heart tonight, but a joyful servant's heart.  And i can't wait to see how he uses it as he grows up.  And he might have helped me have quite a bit more fun (and be a little more joyful) in my cleaning too.

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts