Christmas Baking

There's one bad side to my teaching at Michaels. Nate and I talked this morning, and we're both so sick of sugar cookies and royal icing and buttercream icing that we've decided not to do cutouts this year. (Gasp! Can you have Christmas without sugar cookies?) Blake won't notice the difference, and well, let's be honest. I'm craving chocolate anyway. ;)

At any rate, I have decided to just make two different types of cookies this year- a chocolate/mint sandwich cookie that my grandma always makes, and a cinnamon cookie that came from Julia in Germany.

I do have an itch to try some sort of candy, though, and I spent some time this morning browsing The Joy of Baking. She's got some really simple, yummy-looking ideas to try, and it's fun how she gives a little background for each recipe. Enjoy!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Anne
what an honor you made the cookies :-) I hope you like them - we also have lots of cookies from our grand/mums ;-)
Happy Christmas-time
Julia

Popular Posts