Back in the saddle - Espirit de She!

Last night I ran a 5K in Maple Grove.  My sister-in-law invited me to join her and some of her friends, and I figured, "Why not!?"  We shop in that area all the time, so I was familiar with the route.  Somehow that's encouraging to me as I'm in the middle of the race- I know exactly how far I have left to get back to the finish!

Life has been crazy and hectic and full lately, so I haven't been able to run NEARLY as much as I would've liked.  As in...I just went back and checked my exercise log.  I've been exercising, but the last time I actually ran 3 miles?  JUNE 12.  Gulp.  Glad I didn't check that before last night...  :)


At any rate, it was a fun race and an easy course.  There were a lot of people (all women)...and you were weaving and dodging through people throughout the entire course.  I guess that part wasn't my favorite, but all-in-all it was a good race.

My chip time was 36:13.  My goal was to run as much as I could and walk the rest- but I ran the whole thing!  It was a good lesson for me- I pushed myself, and I did way better than I thought I could. And that's what counts, right?

Here's a picture of my cheering section, minus Nate (who was awesome about rushing up there after work, rushing through the crowds, and sitting with the kids while I ran).  So much for a "normal" picture.  ;)

Comments

Popular Posts