"My Lifetime."

Confession:
I joined a gym (Lifetime).

Confession:
I LOVE IT.

I finally came to the realization after the first couple of weeks of September that I HAD to do something for me.  This is the first time that "doing something for myself" has really resonated with me.  Life got busy, and I was making zero time for exercise.  When you get over-busy, something has to give.  For me, the easiest thing to chop was making time for myself to exercise.

And I felt it.

I was crabby, and tired, and stressed, and depressed.  It stunk.

And I realized the missing link was the absence of regular exercise.  Who would have ever thought?  All of those things they teach you in health class and they lecture you about at the doctor?  They're true.

I've been able to go regularly in the mornings, before Nate and the kids even wake up, and this schedule works for us.   Yes, it costs some money.  Yes, I end up falling asleep an hour earlier each night.

But friends?  It's worth it.  Because I'm taking time for me and my health, and as cliche as it sounds...you can't put a price tag on that.

:)

Comments

Popular Posts