A faster pace yet!

So much has happened over the past week- it's just crazy! How can we go all winter doing absolutely nothing, and then BAM! An entire week flies by (four days without a post, nonetheless!), and I don't even realize it!

Today we got to celebrate my mom's birthday by going to Panino's (YUM!!), and then coming back to our house for cake. I am so very proud of this cake- I think quality-wise it's my best one yet!


Yesterday we had quite the day too. I'm not sure that I've blogged about this before, but I have been hired by a local Michaels store to teach cake decorating! It's something that I'm pretty excited about- a way for me to have a scheduled night "out" once a week, a way for me to use the teaching part of me, and a way for me to earn back some of the millions of dollars that I have spent at Michaels throughout the years... At any rate, there was a mandatory demonstration that we had to do yesterday. I made some mini cupcakes and decorated some sugar cookie "wedding cakes." Nothing too exciting, but I'll post a pic:


Sadly, on the way there I had a "first." I stopped at McDonalds (gasp!) to pick up a cheeseburger for lunch on my way, and a man backed into my car in the parking lot. Thankfully neither of us was hurt, the guy was super nice to deal with, and there was only minimal damage to both cars. Grr...I'm just sad that I was driving the Cobalt (the same car that we just got body work done on for hail damage)!

To cap the evening off, last night Nate and I were watching the race after coming home from a birthday party. It was 10:00 p.m. The doorbell rang. We heard a thud. Somebody egged our house. What????? Why????? Grrrrr.....

Comments

Popular Posts