Rhubarb Bars

I was working quite a bit in the back yard yesterday, and I happened to notice that one of my rhubarb plants is almost big enough to start picking (almost). This made me realize that I should probably use up the last few cups of rhubarb in the freezer that I had been hoarding from last year. I LOVE rhubarb, and I always try so hard to ration it through the winter so that we can have yummy rhubarb stuff all year long (plus I get quadruple wife points- if not more- if I surprise Nate by making his mom's rhubarb bread).

Alas, with the last of my last year's rhubarb I was able to make "Oaty Rhubarb Streusel Bars." I had found this recipe in BHG last year, but didn't get a chance to make it. YUM! YUM! YUM! That's all I have to say about that. Nate got two bites in before telling me that it had "the perfect combination of oats and rhubarb- definitely a make-again recipe." Even Blake enjoyed a couple of bites. We told him he wasn't a proper Minnesotan if he didn't like it... ;)

Happy baking!

(Just a note, I didn't put the powdered sugar drizzle on top...I didn't want it to be too sweet, as I love the tang of the rhubarb.)

Comments

Sarah Jean said…
I actually made this recipe almost immediately after I read your post...you inspired me =) They were truly delicious and all my "boys" loved them too =)
Anonymous said…
great recipe. made them this weekend and they are all gone already :) guess I need to make another pan. yum yum -THANKS

Popular Posts