Ode to Pickled Beets, Nordstrom Rack, my PA, and Nate

So many things worthy of an "ode" today...

Yesterday at the store I found a jar of pickled beets. They were cheap enough that I wouldn't have been able to buy beets and supplies to pickle and can them with, so I bought them. I just had some for lunch. YUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! Plus, Nate can't stand them, so they're ALL MINE! :)

Last week a Nordstrom Rack opened in Arbor Lakes. If you have very large feet and you've ever visited a Nordstrom Rack, you will understand why I was near crying tears of joy. Sigh... I was able to walk in and look through THREE WHOLE WALLS FULL of my size shoes. Again with the tears of joy. Even Nate was excited for me....excited enough that he bought me a pair....mwahahaha... :)

After Nordstrom Rack, we visited Lowe's. We had no more than walked through the door and we ran into my PA. After getting past the elementary school feeling of, "Omigosh! My teacher has a life outside of the school!!??", we had a chat. A wonderfully long, pleasant chat. She probably has hundreds of patients, but she remembers me and cares enough to have a conversation with me in the middle of a store (and it wasn't just me stalking her- she kept up her end of the conversation quite well, thank you). :)

Finally, the reason we had to go to Lowe's was Nate. He's almost done with the linoleum project downstairs. It looks sooo beautiful! He has done such a great job with it! (Granted, it would look much more beautiful if we could rip off the ugly paneling too, but I figure I'll choose my battles...I just may want him to paint a bedroom again sometime soon...). :) It's a good thing we have Blake to keep him on task, though. Here's a pic of son explaining to father how things really should be done:


Now- on to watch the Vikes!

Comments

Wow! That flooring looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person. :)

Popular Posts