Beautiful.

Yesterday Nate's grandma S. got to meet Jesus.

I know that there are probably a million different ways to write that sentence...but as I reread the words I smile, because I know it's true, and because inside all of me is so happy for her to be in His presence now.

I'm very sad to lose the presence of such a wonderful, amazing, faithful woman in our lives (and I regret that I didn't get to meet Nate earlier and know her for a longer period of time), but I know that now she's healed from all of her sickness, and now there's an even bigger smile on her face than the one that was always there before.

Nate's parents shared that as she left, Grandma's loved ones were singing her the hymn "Abide With Me."  I can't think of anything more beautiful:

Hold thou thy cross before my closing eyes;  
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies. 
Heav'ns morning breaks, and earth's vain shadlows flee;  
In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me!

Comments

Popular Posts