Vacation!

The Z-fam is home safe!

I don't even know where to begin in describing our vacation- it was great!  Here are some pics:

At last check, our trip timer in the van said that we spent more than 50 hours driving over the past week.  EEK!  The kids did amazing.


We got to stay in some cabins inside Yellowstone park, and you could actually see Old Faithful from our window.  Here's a pic of Blake posing by the "big guy-zerrr" (aka Old Faithful).  


We saw quite a bit of wildlife while we were there- here's some proof.  ;)


I'm not sure if this counts or not, but I'm pretty sure that my favorite part of Yellowstone was a side-trip we took down to the Grand Tetons.  (Notice the long sleeves/jeans.  Have I mentioned yet that the weather was PERFECT?)


On the way home we also stopped off at Devil's Tower, Mt. Rushmore, and Crazy Horse.  For some reason I was very excited to see Crazy Horse.  I'm fairly certain that my 5th grade social studies textbook talked about it, and it had kind of stuck with me ever since.  At this rate, though, I think my grandkids will probably read about the construction in their textbooks....


So...now we're home, Nate's back at work, and I'm buried in a pile of laundry...but the kids are taking fabulous naps, and it's all good.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts