The dentist


Today I made my annual trip to the dentist.  I've blogged about my love for the dentist in the past.  If you missed it, let me just sum it up like this:  I DON'T LOVE IT.  I would rather have a c-section (yes, spinal and all) than go to the dentist.

Don't get me wrong- our dentist is very nice, and the hygienists are great.  I'd recommend the office in a flash.  I just hate the part where I have to go there.  Last year I got off easy, being pregnant and all, so I knew going into the visit today that it wasn't going to be good.  I knew it really wasn't going to be good when they showed me a fancy computer graphic of my teeth.  (I suspected normal people's charts didn't have all those colors on them...I was right.)

Toward the end of the visit Nate brought the kids in so that I could take them and he could go to work.  Everybody was super nice to Blake...I'm guessing they want to brainwash him into thinking nothing bad can happen there.  At any rate, Blake walks in, smiles, talks about diggers, and what does he get?  A fancy glitter sticker and a very cool character toothbrush.

What do I get?  A plain tooth brush, some tooth paste, some floss, and an appointment to come back and have four teeth filled.  

Oh well...seeing as it had been a couple of years since I had last had x-rays, my goal was less than eight.  Maybe I'd be happier if I had gotten a sticker too.  :-/

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just look at the bright side. Once they are all filled you can go years before they start to fill them again.
MOM
Holly said…
Anne you crack me up! I feel for you though as I have to make a trip to the dentist tomorrow :(

Popular Posts