Silly schoolgirls

Yesterday I got a phone call from a friend.  
A friend that is currently in the midst of the adoption process.  
A friend who could find out the identity of her kid/kids AT ANY MOMENT and is under strict orders to call me when she does.

This is how the conversation went...
"Hi Anne.  I have something to ask you...but I don't know how you'll react."
"Yeah?"
"I want to know if you'll do something with me-- something that you may only get to do once...maybe twice in your lifetime."
"Yeah???  Really?!?!?  Are you telling me you got-"
"No.  No referral.  I was wondering if you'd help me set free the chipmunk I caught."

After chastising her NOT TO DO THAT TO ME EVER AGAIN, I said sure.  :)
So...
She put Frank (that's the chipmunk's name) in the van and we started driving.
We giggled like silly schoolgirls for approximately 17 minutes.
We stopped in a relatively-rural area (there were corn fields and million-dollar mansions surrounding us...I think that counts as relatively-rural).
She took Frank out of the van and released him.
I took pictures.
We drove away before Frank could bite us or jump back in the van.
We giggled like silly schoolgirls again.
Then we stopped for ice cream.

Comments

I think that friend has since caught two more chipmunks.

Popular Posts