-250 Housekeeping Points

There's nothing that makes this housekeeper feel more wonderful about herself than the arrival of the Centerpoint Man.  Before I type any more, I will say this:  today's Centerpoint Man was absolutely fabulous.  He fixed my stove and checked my furnace, explained everything, and he was very nice.

I did not realize that in order to fix my stove the Centerpoint Man would have to move my stove away from the wall.  I should have realized this, but alas...  As the repair was in progress I walked into the kitchen, saw the grossness of cooking seepage down the side of my oven, saw him standing ankle-deep in long-lost papers, lids, toys, and kitty fur, and I nearly pushed the poor man out of the way.  Good thing he was safely wedged between the stove and the wall... 

He made me let him finish his work before he would let me get back there to sweep (but he did allow me to scrub the cooking seepage off of the side of the oven while he worked).  Centerpoint Man also assured me (as I profusely apologized for the state of my kitchen) that if I did a ride along with him for a day, I would feel much better about myself and my housekeeping abilities.  This only helped a little.

So...what have I learned from this?
1.  My house is really gross...have you ever noticed how noticing one area of grossness leads to noticing 25000 other gross areas in your house?
2.  I need my stove to break down at least once each year...that's all there is to it...and then I need to get that nice man to come back, move the stove out for me, remove my oven door for me, and inspire me to clean.  Otherwise yuck will continue to ensue.
3.  I'm tired.  Ha.  Scouring my stove, the stove drawer, and then (of course) all of the lids which are stored in said stove drawer has left me exhausted...but now all I can think about are all of these other gross things that I MUST DEAL WITH RIGHT NOW.

Sigh... ;)


PS- exactly one month until babyZ#3 arrives...unless she gets it in her head to come sooner.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your post today. We have all been there!!

Popular Posts