Busy Little Bees

We three Zs have been keeping pretty busy the past several days. This week Blake's friend Caleb spent some extra time with us, Nate had a seminar for three days, and I started teaching my two November classes at Michaels.

Today we've had a bunch of projects keeping us busy too! We finished setting up the new desk in the living room (the office will no longer be an office in a few short months!!). Blake was pretty excited to help Nate move all of the computer components.

We also spent quite a bit of the afternoon outside enjoying the beautiful weather. 28 bags of leaves and four strings of Christmas lights later, we're pretty satisfied with a job well done. :)

Finally, here's a picture of some cupcakes I made for a friend of mine. Nothing super special, but I did some experimenting with this batch. The cupcakes are WASC (white almond sour cream)- a form of doctored cake mix that I guess is the "cool" thing to bake on CakeCentral. They're iced with chocolate buttercream (I tried out tip 199!). The music notes are my first attempt at using candy melts (I must say- I'm hooked!!). I made them by piping the notes on waxed paper and letting them harden.

Hope you're having a great weekend too!

Comments

Popular Posts