They don't tell you- because they forgot.... :)

This morning I got in the shower and started to cry- for no reason other than the shower felt good. Then I started to cry harder because the crying hurt my incision...

See, there are all of these things when you get pregnant or have a baby that you realize that nobody ever warned you about...

I remember feeling frustrated the first time around, because I felt like if somebody had just told me some of these things, maybe I would have felt better-prepared. I realized this morning that even though Blake is less than two years old and I thought I remembered everything very clearly, there is A LOT that I seem to have forgotten- like the crying thing. :)

Maybe people don't warn you about everything because they are given some grace, and even though a person may not completely forget, some of the less-than-pleasant parts of having a baby and bringing it home become progressively fuzzier over time. (This is probably why my post-Blake statement of "He won't be getting a sibling for 10 or 12 years!!" was negated after about a year...)

So alas, I'm going back and rereading my "encouragement" post from August of 2008. I'm listening to all of you who are being so incredibly supportive. I'm contemplating calling somebody at my dad's work to see if they can't tamper with his vehicle and buy me a few more days with my mom. ;)

"Un dia a la vez," right?

Comments

Anonymous said…
NOT GONNA HAPPEN TO MY TRUCK ANNE
Anonymous said…
Anne, you have a beautiful, wonderful family. Just take it one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, and you will get through it. The tears are normal - hormones plus all the stress - but you know that in your head. Now tell it to your heart, too. Take care. Donna

Popular Posts