Wednesday desserts...BROWNIES.

For desserts tonight I went back (again) to my favorite Taste of Home cookbooks, and found recipes for two types of brownies that I thought looked really yummy.

First I made Chippy Blond Brownies.  The only thing that confuses me about this recipe (and maybe it's just because I haven't tried them yet) is that in the description it says you'll love these brownies if you love butterscotch, but there aren't any butterscotch chips in the recipe, and to the best of my understanding, there's nothing in the ingredients that would make them taste like butterscotch.  Hmm...  I guess I'll have to get back to you on that one...



The second recipe I made was 2 a.m. Feeding Snack Bars.  Think brownies with three different types of chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips instead of the bittersweet ones), and Snicker bar pieces on top.  I emailed Nate as soon as I put these in the oven to tell him that even before baking these guys looked heavenly.  I can't wait to try them.  :)

Comments

BK said…
Those all look delicious - but I'm curious about the butterscotch. Did they taste like it?
Anne said…
:-/ not really...

Popular Posts