Bunny's quilt.

Camille found some fabric she HAD TO HAVE.  "It's valentines, Mommy!"

It was on sale, and who was I to argue if my daughter wanted to get into crafts?

At first she wanted to make a bag, but by the time we got home she was certain that her stuffed bunny needed a quilt.

We washed and dried the fabric, and then I cut some 6" squares, some 3"x6" rectangles, and some 3" squares.  I helped Camille place the first few squares and rectangles together, but she caught on very quickly!  With the exception of a few rectangle suggestions from me, Camille managed to piece the entire quilt.  I was really impressed! (In full disclosure, I did have to sit on my hands and bite my tongue a couple of times when she kept putting the same color next to each other, but I didn't want to interfere...it was her project.)


I sewed the pieces together, added some batting, backing, and binding from my stash, and voila!  Bunny's quilt.



Don't show my mom, though...she'll probably take Camille along to quilt camp in November instead of me...  ;)

Comments

Popular Posts