A new project.

Guess what I got for Christmas!



My very own copy of The Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt!  So, so (sew?) excited!  The author of the book chose 99 quilt blocks and paired with them from letters written by women of the Great Depression.

All during Christmas break I was itching to get working on these blocks.  It's my goal to go through the book and make (at least) one of each of the blocks.  

It's my other goal to make this quilt truly a scrap quilt.  I really don't want to buy any new fabric to create the block.  Something about running to the fabric store to buy fabric to sew a quilt inspired by women during the Great Depression just doesn't fit, you know? ;)

My third goal is to complete two of these blocks each week, hopefully finishing this quilt yet in 2016.

So...here you go!  My first two blocks!  Each block is 6" x 6".

Block #1 - Addie



Block #2 - Aimee


You may be waiting a little bit for block #3...it's kind of intimidating!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts