Ode to the library.

There are benefits to living in the "most populous" county in Minnesota.  My favorite?

The libraries.

Friends, there are so many books.  If you want a book, and it's not at your library- you request it and it magically appears at your library.  If you want a book, and they don't have it- most likely they'll purchase it to add to the system.

The librarians are excellent.  (They might even love books more than I do.) 

I love that my kids know where the request shelves are and where the good books are.

I love that we come out of there with piles of books every week.


I love that the car ride home (and the subsequent afternoon) is silent, because everybody has their noses stuck in books.

I love how excited I get when I open the cover of a book by a favorite author, and I CAN'T WAIT to plow through that book.  Except I can't read toooo fast, because I don't want the book to end.

Did I mention it's free?

Enjoy.  :)


Comments

Popular Posts