Home again, home again, jiggety-jig


Home, sweet home! While Nate and I wish our vacation could have lasted indefinitely, there is also something very comfortable about being back in our own house again.

We were able to leave the city a little bit early (Saturday afternoon!), hoping to beat the snow to my parents' house. The snow never came, but we still had a very nice stay with them. We even got to go to church with them on Sunday and sing the Hosanna (my very favorite Moravian hymn- a round, only sung once a year!) Blake also got to wave his first palm branch. :)

Nate and I were blessed to be able to leave Blake with my parents and travel to Wisconsin Dells, staying in the exact same cabin we were able to stay in for our honeymoon three years ago. We were able to do a ton of stuff, including doing some swimming and shopping, and meeting up for dinner with some friends from Madison. Nate even surprised me with a bottle of wine he snuck along! (At least a few dozen husband points right there....) ;)

By yesterday afternoon we were really missing Blake. Today when we returned to my parents' house around noon, I think I was out of the car before Nate had turned it off. The break for "couple" time was WONDERFUL, but we were really happy to be reunited with our little guy. I think he grew two whole inches while we were gone!!

Alas, now it's back to the routine. Nate's off to choir, and I'm left alone to cheer the Twins on to a victory (what a wonderful anniversary present!).


Comments

Popular Posts