My proudest moment

We've been watching the race this afternoon. It was at Talladega, which is my second favorite track! It was a great race. The thing about Talladega is it's a big superspeedway- very fast and built for a lot of side-by-side racing. Sadly, it's also known for having big "wrecks."

We watched pretty much every lap of the race today, and we were really excited at the end. Ryan Newman was in first (wistful sigh...) and Dale Jr. was in second (my all-around favorite, AND he's not won a race in quite some time). All of a sudden Carl Edwards (Nate's very favorite driver, who had been running at the back of the field all day) and Brad Keselowski (a no-name guy) came out of nowhere and were fighting for the lead too! (That's the cool, albeit unsettling thing about Talladega. Stuff like that happens...)

I know you're probably skeptical, but it was a very tense, nervewracking moment! The coolest thing for me is that Nate was just as wrapped up in it as I was! I am so happy! Maybe you all see this as Nate's fall to the dark side, but I promise you- it's only good! It's just really neat that Nate could be as excited about it as I was.

But then the sad part happened.

Even if you don't follow NASCAR or even know what it is, you're going to see highlights from the race on the news. And yes, that car that you see literally shredded to smithereens at the end is indeed Carl Edwards, Nate's favorite driver. I won't bother you with more details of how it happened, but rest assured that after that big wreck Carl was OK and ran across the finish line to complete the race.

Comments

Popular Posts