I. want. a. clothesline.

I have been completely bitten by the Spring bug.

It was so completely beautiful yesterday that I decided to "hang" two loads of wash outside. Well, it kind of worked... It seems a collapsible drying rack only works so well when you have every square inch of it covered with at least one layer of clothes. Alas...some of our clothes smell like yummy outside air now. The rest just happen to be hanging in random doorways throughout our house. :)

I also took advantage of Blake's naptime and wonderful baby monitor technology and was able to weed/de-leaf the flower beds in the back yard. Guess what! My day lilies and my rhubarb are both starting to come up! Both sets of plants were transplants last spring. Wahoo for gardening success!! I'm trying to get rid of some ornamental onion back there too... I thought it was just pesty and invasive, but now the rash on my arms makes me want to get rid of it even more. :-/ Grrrr....

Also very exciting is the fact that my seedlings have started to take off:


Just kidding...that's the mum from church on Sunday. :) Here are my actual pics:



The first picture is of the impatiens. They're finally starting to grow their tertiary (?) leaves after looking like they were sitting dormant forever. The second picture is my condensed other plants. The columbines and petunias have started their secondary leaves, but they're still looking pretty sickly. The morning glories are vining around themselves... I may take them outside today. Why not? I don't think it's possible to kill them...

Comments

Popular Posts