Downs and Ups

Yesterday evening we four set out on a little road trip to visit Nate's grandma. We were very sad to know that this may be our final visit with her until we too are in His presence; but we were filled with joy that we were able to have a good visit with her today, to allow Camille to meet her great Grandma, and to have been around a lady who, at 92 years old, continues to be an inspiration to us.

We're back home now, and with Nate at a meeting and both (yes, BOTH) kids in their beds, I'm left to think and type.... The road that we took to Nate's grandma's house is especially hilly and curvy. I don't usually get motion sick, but I tend to on this one- especially if I'm not driving. The thing is, that drive through the country valley- especially today with the sun shining- was absolutely beautiful.

I guess life can be like that too, huh? As much as I'd like to be sometimes, I'm not the one in control of the steering wheel and the accelerator. The hills and curves can be unexpected and uncomfortable. But, if I take deep breaths, remind my husband to slow down a little (ok, so that part doesn't really fit with the analogy...), and appreciate the scenery, the drive actually turns out to be pretty pleasant.

Comments

Popular Posts