I love you, Mama-sauce!

Blake amazes me. I feel like it's such a privilege to watch him grow and learn. I think his vocabulary has quadrupled in the past week- and I'm not really exaggerating that much. Lately he's also been much more willing to copy the words that we say and practice his pronunciation.

Tonight while we were eating supper I used his new-found interest for a selfish mommy indulgence. I said, "Blake, can you say, 'I love you, Mama?'" He started to repeat me, but somewhere in the middle got distracted by the ketchup and mustard on the table. What came out was "I love you, Mama-sauce!" Hehe...they weren't really connected thoughts in his head, but the final two words came out sounding more hyphenated than anything. Sigh. It still melted my heart...until he went on to tell the sauce, milk, and plate that he loved them too. ;)


Comments

Sarah Jean said…
That is so very, super sweet =) I'm all about asking for much needed and desired signs and words of affection! Andy always tells me that he can't read my mind so I should tell him what I need and I figure it goes the same way with the kiddos =)

Popular Posts