Confidence!

Over the past couple of months it has hit me that Camille will not always be an infant. Lord-willing, someday she will grow, she will go to school, she will grow some more, she will become a teenager, she will grow some more.... (Blake will grow too, but somehow I can relate more to what it's like to be a girl.)

This scares me. Not because I'm afraid to let her grow up, but because I know some of the struggles that she will go through. I can try to give her advice about some struggles, but others I know that she'll have to muddle through on her own. It's so easy to struggle with trying to be someone else or who you think they want you to be. (Heh....I still struggle with that.) How do I equip Camille?

I'm currently reading The Beloved Disciple by Beth Moore. I love Beth Moore's books and Bible studies...they're amazing. Today I came across this quote that really encouraged me:

"God knows what He's doing! Trust Him. God is busy making you someone no one else has ever been."

Wow. :) I hope I can hold on to that one and remind the kids (and myself) of it often.

Comments

Popular Posts