"Self-cleaning"

Today I will admit that we have lived in our house for well over two years now, and I have not cleaned our oven once. Who knows when the previous owners cleaned it last...

Yuck.

Now that you know what a delinquent housekeeper I am, I will give you one more embarrassing tidbit of information: our oven boasts itself as "self-cleaning."

I should feel even more sheepish, right? Well...I'll hang on to the one argument that I don't really trust the oven getting that hot, and we've had two kids since we've moved into this house, and I didn't want to risk using that awful oven cleaner stuff while I was pregnant or had little babies...it makes me feel a little better at least.

At any rate, today I finally got up enough guts to try out this self-cleaning feature on our oven. (It's only about two hours into the cycle, so I don't have positive or negative reports yet, other than to say that I had to open the windows in the kitchen so that the smoke alarms didn't go off and mess up nap time.)

I emailed Nate to tell him that I was trying this, and to tell him I wished I had waited until he was home to try this, lest I blow up the house and not know what to do. His response? "Tip: If the house blows up, go outside, wait for fire department :P"

All of this self-cleaning talk has had me thinking, though. I don't care so much if the oven is self-cleaning. What I REALLY want is a self-cleaning bathroom!

Comments

Sign me up for a self-cleaning bathroom too!

Popular Posts