Ladybug!

Here's the latest. Honestly, I am very proud of this cake. It's a chocolate pound cake (a la Alton Brown, of course) with chocolate buttercream icing. The head is molded from rice crispy treats, and everything is covered in fondant. Not just any fondant, though...Duff fondant. :) Hehe...yes, they sell Duff fondant at Michaels now. (Really this cracks me up, because Duff said on the show once that they buy all their fondant, but anyway...) The Duff stuff is expensive, but it's great, because they actually sell it in large enough quantities of black and red to make things like this ladybug possible (plus it tastes pretty good and is really nice to work with).

Enjoy!


Comments

Anonymous said…
How adorable! Your talent continues to amaze me.
MOM
Unbelievable! I want to be a kid again to have such sweet cakes! I'm so glad you take pictures of all your cakes - what a treasure!
Lisa B said…
That is the most amazing looking cake!!
Amy said…
I love this cake, you are so talented :) Too bad you don't live closer, I would hire you for all the family birthdays!

Popular Posts