Wednesday Desserts & Cats

I wasn't sure what theme I'd choose for church desserts once we finished with the alphabet, so I asked for suggestions.  Our pastor's suggestion won out.  

Since we have ten weeks of regular Wednesday night meals left, Pastor said it was fitting that we should do the ten commandments.

Ha.  Intriguing.

The more I thought about it, the more I loved it.  Plus, it sounds like a challenge.

So, here you have it.  Week one, commandment one, from Exodus 20:3- You shall have no other gods before me.

After much consideration, deliberation, hemming, hawing, and googling, I chose divinity.

Divinity = Divine = God

Divinity is completely white- one color.  We're only supposed to honor one God.

Perfect?  I think so. 

It's snowing a lot today, and I only had enough supplies on hand to make one batch of divinity.  My prayer as I started was, "please don't let this fail."  

If the divinity did fail, my prayer was going to change to, "please let it snow enough that they cancel church activities tonight."

But alas, it turned out perfectly.


Having accomplished that I don't think I can handle doing anything else today.  

Except maybe sewing a cat by the name of Mia.  ;)


Comments

Popular Posts