Vintage Quilt Revival quilt along.

I've been waiting for this day for a long time.  (And not just because today's the day that Nate comes home from NYC...)


I've followed one of the author's blogs (Freshly Pieced) for quite awhile, and I've really loved pretty much everything I've seen her post....so I was really excited to try out the new book.


..which makes doing this quilt along a fabulous idea, don't you think?  

The blogger Sukie is going to be posting two blocks each week for ten weeks.  I'm very excited about this.  I think I've actually been missing all of the catvent cats...  :)

Without further ado, here are the first two blocks- Double Z and Tea Leaf.



For fabric I'm using the Primrose Wallflowers fat quarter set (by another favorite blogger Cluck Cluck Sew) that I got for Christmas.  I'm in love with every single one of the designs.  It killed me to unfold these and cut into them.  I seriously considered leaving them on the shelf just to look at...



But I suppose in the end that's not what they're for, and they'll really work well for this quilt along, methinks.  I'm hoping that I'll have enough- we'll see how far the fat quarters take me.  Or maybe Nate will have to spring for a very romantic Valentine's day gift from Fat Quarter Shop.  ;)

I'm realizing that I've used LOVE!!! and VERY!!! and ABSOLUTELY!!! a lot in this post today.  Maybe you couldn't tell, but I'm kind of excited about this new project.  

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts