The best days of the week

Weekends are the best- hands down. Here are some highlights from ours....

On Saturday Nate took me for a romantic lunch at McDonald's. :) It was actually a lot of fun, because Blake's finally to the point where we can go in, sit down, and enjoy our food...while Blake eats too. Nate treated me to an ice cream cone for dessert, and I gave in and let Blake try some of the ice cream (it was a holiday and all....). He must be my son- he loved it! He kept opening his mouth and licking his lips for more.

We were also able to rent the movie "Fireproof." Some friends had recommended it awhile ago, and we just hadn't gotten a chance to see it. Both Nate and I thought it was very good- we'd definitely recommend it!

This weekend I got to start my garden seeds! Wahoo!!! I don't really know if I'm too early or not, but I couldn't wait anymore! Spring has to come!


In honor of Nate (and Valentine's day and all), I sacrificed four little dirt spots for a jalapeno (eek! can't get the tilde to work!!) plant for Nate. He now believes I love him with 1/18 of my heart. :)

Sunday was the Daytona 500. Blake's uncle Paul was able to come over for lunch, too. Blake surprised us by standing on his own for about 20 seconds (doubling his previous record).

Here he is, watching some of the Daytona 500 with Mommy:


And, because I'll get heckled if I don't include something about our cat... She's slowly entering back in my good graces. After I did some serious cleaning and put some anti-cat measures into place on Saturday, she has managed to use her litter box exclusively for two whole days!! WAHOO!! Small steps...

Comments

Popular Posts