First day of "school"

Today Blake and I started our new semester of ECFE. Really the classes started last week, but we couldn't attend because of Blake's cold. I'm missing last semester, but I'm hoping that feeling will pass. The dynamics of our class are just so much different this time. There are three 10-month olds and somewhere around five 6-month olds. The moms are different too...I'm hoping that everyone gets to know each other a little better over the course of the class. I left class today with the "shunned by the popular high school girls" feeling.

This set of classes is also different in format from last semester. There are two women who come in the room to watch the babies for the second half of the class while the moms sit on the other side of the room and discuss the week's topic (the babies can do whatever...hang with the moms or play with the toys & the ladies). Neither of us is used to "strangers" taking care of him, so I was very interested to watch how things went. He did great! I must say that I was insanely proud of Blake during this time. He moved around, played with the toys, and interacted with the caretaker-ladies.

Toward the end of the class Blake came toward the area where I was sitting. I watched his face and saw the moment of, "Hey! That's my mom over there!", followed by a huge smile. hehee.... I'll be honest and say that I did absolutely nothing to discourage his coming toward me. I fully enjoyed the fact that he decided he wanted to be by me. In the future I'll encourage him to stay on the other side of the room and play/learn independence/get used to others caring for him/all that jazz....but not today. I allowed myself one little "mommy indulgence." :)

Comments

Popular Posts