11 months!

Yesterday Blake marked his 11-month "birthday." I'm not sure I have anything more profound to say than that. He's 11 months old now...


I will say that I did go through a moment of, "He's growing up so quickly!...He's going to graduate high school the same year as his cousin! We're going to have to call Jeff and Gita to see which day their party is going to be so that we don't double up and make it tricky for Nate's side of the family!..." And then I stopped, took a deep breath, and told myself to calm down and enjoy the fact that Blake is 11 months old NOW, instead of worrying about the fact that he will be 18 years old in, well, 17 years and one month...

Blake and I spent the afternoon at church filling in for the regular Kids Campus teacher. Even though we only had one (extremely cute) boy to look after, this was the first that I've "worked" in the same capacity that I had at Step By Step since Blake came along. I think what contributed to yesterday's funk was that I realized how much I miss a lot of what I used to do. (After which I naturally felt extremely guilty, because I LOVE being at home with Blake...)

Comments

Popular Posts