Another New Recipe

I am on a new recipe kick this week, and I was really excited to post this one from supper last night. It was pretty yummy, and pretty pretty too (we even took a picture of it!). I found it in the April issue of Parents Magazine. Sadly, I can't find a link to the recipe online...maybe they wait until the next month to post things from their current issue. (If you happen to get a copy, it's on page 118.)

The recipe is Easy Turkey Stromboli. Basically, the recipe calls for layering cheese, pasta sauce, spinach, and turkey on pizza dough, cutting strips & folding them over, and then baking.

Like I said, all three of us thought it was really good. I did make a few small substitutions to the recipe-
  • Instead of using the refrigerated pizza crust, I made a wheat pizza dough with canola oil (double healthy-wife ponts!)
  • Instead of turkey breast tenderloins, I used chicken breast (didn't have any turkey...).
Enjoy!

Comments

Sarah Jean said…
That looks like our kind of recipe for sure =) If you ever find a link, let me know...I'd love to give it a try. The regular stromboli I make is much less healthy! And by the way, I love the new look!

Popular Posts