I'm old?!??

Ok, I'll admit, some of the exercising that I've been doing is running. Part of me wants to prove to myself that I could actually complete (and run the whole way) a 5K.

The kids and I are visiting my parents right now, and I was privileged to go for a run this morning in my hometown. I made it about 1/4 of the way, and I was stopped by a man that I knew when growing up. We chatted for a little bit, and during the course of our conversation he explained to me that the reason I'm not losing weight as fast is because of my age now.

What?!

To be fair, I brought up losing weight as a benefit to running, but really? My age? I didn't think I would hit "that phase" of life for a little while yet...right?

I suppose I should thank that man, as he fueled the rest of my run. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts