Random things I feel compelled to blog about:

1. Camille's doctor appointment for today was rescheduled for next week, as her doctor is stuck out of the country somewhere. I'm jealous.

2. You can't buy a ball of string or twine at Target. Ok, maybe you can, but not at the Target that I went to...I made two complete laps of the store AND I asked an employee. String? Really? (Paul, where are you when I need you???)

3. When I got pregnant with Camille and our insurance company found out, they started harassing me to be a part of their healthy mom and baby program. I'm not sure if this is because I had a preemie the first time, but it amounts to an insurance company nurse calling you and asking you a bunch of questions each month of your pregnancy and giving you all of this advice so you can be as healthy as possible... In the beginning they tell you that if you jump through all their hoops, you'll get a $25 gift card when you complete the program. Well, they never called me to complete their "exit" survey, so I made a point of calling them (more than once- I wasn't letting them off the hook!). Turns out, somebody deleted me off their record books. More calling (still not letting them off the hook). Well, now that Camille's four months old, I'd finally given up on getting that silly gift card. UNTIL TODAY! Wahoo! It came in the mail!! Worth it? Probably not, but HA. I win. ;)

4. I was reading through the advertisements that came in the mail today. There was an ad for an eyeglass company.... The headline was downright vulgar, and there was no "cute" picture of a donkey for them to validate the word they used (if you follow my drift). Really, people? What happens when my kids learn to read and their teachers encourage them to read the newspaper for practice? I was emboldened and left a very tactful comment on their website. I haven't ever done that before...not sure why I don't do it more often. They were trying to come across as a creative, cutting-edge company. Why don't they put more creativity into their advertising department and come up with a tag line that's less offensive?

Ok, rant over. Thanks for listening. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts