Not quite ready to laugh...

Yesterday I experienced another "first" as a mom: Blake locked me out of the house.

I won't bore you with all of the details, but yes, it probably comes down to my making the poor choice of leaving both kids inside while I went outside and my misjudging Blake's current abilities when it comes to working the locks on doors.

To re-enter the house I had to climb through our bedroom window. I'm left with several bruises; a road rash of sorts on my knees, thighs, stomach, and arms; and a damaged ego.

After making it back into the house I called Nate to vent a little bit. He listened patiently, but (wisely) waited until he was home and I was completely calm to remind me that the hidden spare key does indeed open the back door too....

Comments

Trace said…
Megan locked me out of the car while it was running and I had to call a locksmith...it happens. Glad to hear your little man is keeping his sister safe from her MOM!
And, how's the cat?

Popular Posts