Healing.

I don't need "healing"...I don't have huge problems.

Just little ones.  Little ones that hide where I can almost forget about them until out of nowhere they run up and bite me on the ankle...or the arm...or the heart.

And if I do have a little problem- it's sure not something I need to bother God about...I can just keep pushing it back, not think about it...waiting until someday when the opportunity arises for me to deal with it...maybe.

But it keeps coming back.  And bitterness swells.

How badly do we want to be healed?  For so many years my reluctance to forgive was like a darkness inside, a barrier that barred joy and love and so many good things from my life.  Forgiveness smashed that barrier and has enabled me to experience the giving and receiving of love again.

I've seen mankind's idea of justice; I have more faith in God's.  And even God seems to put a higher priority on forgiveness than on justice.  We don't sing "Amazing Justice"; we sing "Amazing Grace."  Justice didn't do a thing to heal me.  Forgiveness did.
Grace for a Woman's Soul, p. 105

Maybe I don't have to fix anything.  Maybe I should trust God with the little stuff and the big stuff and just.  let.  go.

The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.  Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.  Amen.  (1 Timothy 1:14, 17)

Comments

Popular Posts