SSMT #11!

For the month of May I chose to do the armor of God passage- I'll do the first half now and the second half on the 15th.

Ephesians 6:13-15
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 

As I look at this passage, I am reminded of a prayer/chant that a 2nd grade teacher taught me.  She had her students recite it at the beginning of each school day.  (I have no idea where it initially came from, but I think it's GREAT, and if you do know the source, please let me know!)

I put on the helmet of salvation to guard my mind-
I think the thoughts of Jesus!
I put on the breastplate of righteousness to guard my heart-
I am righteous in Jesus!
I put on the belt of truth-
I don't tell any lies, and I don't believe any either!
I put on the gospel shoes of peace-
I'm on a mission for Jesus!
I pick up the shield of faith to stop all the darts of the enemy;
and I take the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God,
and I defeat the enemy- yah!

Comments

Popular Posts