A new resolve

In 2012 I want to do lots of things---

I want to be a great wife,
I want to be a great mom,
I want to be a great Christian,
I want to be a great housekeeper,
I want to be a great cook,
I want to be a great exerciser...

but alas.
I don't know how to perfectly attain all that.  I could make some goals, I could schedule out my days.  I could feel really guilty and try harder when I fail....over and over again.

but alas.

The song that keeps coming to my mind is "Un dia a la vez"/"One day at a time."  "Lord, give me the strength to live one day at a time..."

I think that's it.  for 2012.  my resolution.

I want to take one day at a time.  Yes, I want to be excited about and plan for the future.  Yup, I want to learn from the past.  

But I think if I want to do a really good job, I need to focus on NOW right now.  I need to get done now what's going to be done now.  I need to love Nate like he needs right now.  I need to be for my kids what they need right now.  I need to be praying right now....  The list goes on.

[Besides...anticipating the arrival of a new baby is much less overwhelming if I take one day (one moment...one feeding...one nap...) at a time.]  :)


Comments

Popular Posts