Refried beans.

A few days ago I tried my hand at making my own refried beans using this recipe.

I wasn't sure what to expect because, let's face it.  No matter what you do to refried beans, they aren't going to look pretty.  Ever. 

Friends, they turned out, and they were absolutely amazing.

(Yes.  I am indeed talking about refried beans.  Yes!  Trust me.  They were so good!)


I would also recommend wearing an apron while you make them...not because the process is messy, but because it makes you feel that much more accomplished in the kitchen.  You're making your very own refried beans!  You had to soak dry beans to accomplish this feat!!

...but beware if you try to take a picture of yourself in your apron feeling all accomplished.  Little people might enter the frame and steal your spotlight.  :)


Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts