Running confession.

Confession:  I'm preparing (training?) for a long race in a couple of weeks.  This past Sunday I went for a long run, and proceeded to come home and spend a lot of time in the bathroom.  I'll spare you the details, but let's leave it at this:  I made a lot of mistakes with eating and hydration leading up to and during my run, and it left me REALLY MISERABLE for a little over 24 hours.

I learned that I need to drink more beforehand, eat less beforehand, loosen my running belt, drink more water...

All things that I thought I knew.

I did not have this problem (at least, not nearly to this magnitude) last fall as I was preparing for a race, so what gives?

The point of this confession is this:

NOW I'M TERRIFIED TO RUN.

I know that doesn't really sound all that logical, but friends, I was REALLY MISERABLE.

I talked myself into getting on to the treadmill and told myself I only had to go two miles today- and I did fine.  But you can bet I was paying very close attention to any minute little pain anywhere near my abdomen (and I still am).


But I'm scared.

I'm scared to try a long run again this weekend, and I'm scared to attempt that race next weekend.

That's all.

Comments

Popular Posts