4 July 2009

Some holidays just seem to correlate perfectly with specific genres of music. In a previous post, I wrote about growing up with the Irish Rovers on St. Patrick's Day. Who can separate Thanksgiving from Mannheim Steamroller? (The first day I can legally get out my Christmas music, you know....)

Well, today is Canadian Brass day at the Z-house. There is something extremely patriotic about a brass ensemble, and you can't go wrong with "Stars and Stripes Forever." I'm not sure that my family is quite as enthusiastic about Canadian Brass day (yet), but I'm working on them. Nate says he can appreciate how the tuba reminds him of techno music, and Blake, well, he doesn't really have a choice. He's going to play a brass instrument someday, regardless.... ;)

Have a wonderful 4th!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am with you on the music choice but I wonder if that is the CD I am missing?
Anne said…
Are you sure you're only missing one? ;)
Anonymous said…
You and the CDs, your brother and the DVDs. We can hardly keep up!!

Popular Posts