Flower Cake!

Today I worked on a birthday cake for a friend, and I must say, I think this is one of my absolute favorite cakes that I've done so far. I am actually really proud of how it turned out (and I'm usually left feeling like a cake didn't turn out quite good enough...although...come to think of it, a certain cake teacher of mine always told me, "Anne, there is no such thing as a perfect cake!"). But, enough of the asides. On to the cake!

This is a three-layer marble cake with chocolate buttercream icing (ok, there is one slight problem [sorry Lori]...I put quite a bit of cocoa in the icing and couldn't get it as thin as I wanted to do the icing, thus the big air bubbles and non-smoothness). The flowers and leaves are gumpaste, with the exception of the vines and centers, which are buttercream. Enjoy!



Comments

Anonymous said…
I think that it's perfect. Does it taste as good as it looks? Lori

Popular Posts