Tidbits

If you want to feel like you have achieved the status of "Domestic Goddess" (this is a new term to me..I think I like it), make your own chicken stock.  I don't think that there is anything easier you can do in the kitchen, and you can nonchalantly throw it into conversations that you make your own- especially with your husband when you feel you need a few extra wife points.

It pays to be the only family in the neighborhood with young children.  A neighbor brought over a Little Tykes picnic table this morning, and asked if our kids would like it...his grandchildren had outgrown it.  Um...you bet! 

Facebook is actually kind of cool sometimes.  It never ceases to amaze me the connections that my friends have unrelated to me.  Most recently- a friend from cake class is neighbors with one of my former SBS families.  Who'da'thunk?  (Well, it actually makes quite a bit of sense, because the Michaels is not that far from SBS, but still...)

Finally, if you were wondering...



Snapdragons and whatever that^ pink flower is are incredibly resilient.  A three-year-old can dig them up three times (so far) over the course of the summer and they will keep bouncing back (so far)!



------
181.  Catching up.
182.  Generous neighbors.
183.  The weed-fighting capabilities of mulch.
184.  A break from the heat.
185.  Making it through a difficult morning.
186.  A sense of humor.
187.  The gifts a mailman brings.
188.  The Bible.
189.  The power of the sun and the warm air as a clothes dryer.
190.  A cuddly cat.

Comments

Popular Posts