Gulp.

Six weeks is next week.

Six weeks?  Yup.  You know...the widely-accepted, doctor-approved "it's-been-long-enough-since-you-gave-birth-that-you-can-and-should-do-some-exercising-again" six week date.


On one hand, I'm very excited.  I ordered a new pair of running shoes.  I borrowed a book from the library to get me "psyched."  I remember how good I felt when I was running regularly last year.  I like how I looked in a post-10K picture.  All that...

On the other hand, I'm not really looking forward to it.  I'm embarrassed to go on my first "run," which will mostly consist of a lot of walking and panting.  I'm nervous about how much time it will take me to work back up to actually running any distance at all.  I'm hesitant to begin all of this again, because I won't have a reason (pregnancy) to stop for awhile this time- this is (hopefully) a lifestyle we're talking about.  I'm worried that this time I will actually realize that I'm not a runner and I will quit. 

So...gulp.  I'm gonna do it...it just may not be all that pretty at first...

Comments

Popular Posts