Garden- week 4

Whee!  The carrots are actually taking, and my peas & beans are actually deciding they might be interested in climbing the cages!

Now, if we could only get some sun...I think the tomatoes and peppers would be quite appreciative.


Also, I can't resist sharing some pictures of my flower garden.  (Hope you don't mind!)

First off....glory, hallelujah!  My heart skipped a beat when I saw that my iris bloomed!!  I saved this little guy from death row, and this is the first year that it budded and bloomed.  I didn't have any idea what color he would be, or if he would ever bloom, but he did!  And I think he's absolutely gorgeous.  :)  I also think I might have to get some more irises....


My only perennial addition this year.  I couldn't pass it up.  I don't think I've seen anything like it before, but it's beautiful,


and it fits perfectly in my "purple corner."



And finally, the first signs that my birthday is coming:


Gladiolas.  Is there anything more beautiful?

Comments

Popular Posts