So blesZed.



I was born into a family with an awesome dad (and an equally awesome mom, of course, but she deserves her own post..).  I grew up with him present- loving me, caring for me, teaching me things (except to play chess and drive a manual transmission, but alas...that's yet another post.).  There are books you can read and blogs that you can follow that will tell you over and over that I got a million positive things from my dad.  And I did.

And then a friend introduced me to this guy Nate.  And you know what?  All of those lists and such that they have you make in high school...the ones where you have to write down all of the qualities you're looking for in a future husband?  Well, my Nathan blew every single one of those lists out of the water.  Every one.  He's pretty awesome too.

And it turns out that when you marry somebody you get another set of parents.  And all of that fabulousness that Nate is?  He had to learn it somewhere.  He's got an awesome dad (and, of course, he has an equally awesome mom who also deserves her own post) who cared for him, and loved him, and taught him things...  And this weekend we get to celebrate with Nate's dad as he retires from his formal ministry as a pastor who walks it and talks it and lives it and loves you through it.  Period.  And I'm so blessed blesZed to have this second dad too.

So, it's quite belated, but here's (finally) the second half of my father's day post.  Dad and Nate and DadZ, you rock.  Thank you over and over for the men that you are and the man that you're teaching Blake to be.

Comments

Popular Posts