Luna the guard-cat


Over the past couple of days we have started to get inklings that we had a small furry friend living in our house. Still not believing that we could actually have a mouse in our house when we have a CAT who is supposed to take care of such things, Blake and I went to Target and bought a mousetrap.

Sparing details, around 2:00 this morning we were made painfully aware that my $3.83 purchase was worth every penny. I sent my brave, non-squeamish husband out to investigate. There, indeed, was the trap, a mouse, and a cat, who, according to Nate's description, was "dutifully sitting" in front of where the trap was. I asked if she was all worked up, excited, or trying to get at the mouse... No...not our cat. His report was that she was calmly sitting there, keeping her eye on everything taking place.

Sigh...at least she was watching out for us (emphasis on the watching), and not asleep in her chair.

Comments

Sarah Jean said…
Oh Anne, I am SO sorry to hear about your discovery!! I'm glad that at least Nate was home when you found the little rascal. Hopefully they are taken care of quickly!
Anonymous said…
I think the cat is hurt that she doesn't get equal time on the blog...I can tell that she's feeling neglected, and thus, she's on strike!! More blog time...more mice catching. Makes perfect sense to me....hehehehehehe.....
Trace
Anonymous said…
Hi Anne, We could loan you a couple of Luna's country cousins to help her out. They are frustrated lately because they can't find mice in the snow outside. Love, Donna
Anne said…
Too funny...I never thought about the fact that we had a "city" cat. I'm sure they could show her a thing or two. Maybe she's just gotten too used to being so gentle with Blake. How do you think they'd handle the flight?

Popular Posts